Volunteer With Us: Committees
Responsible for communications and management of the website and social media accounts.
- Improve communication through blog posts, the member newsletter and social media
- Write and edit blog posts and coordinate submissions from other board/committee members and members at large
- Maintain currency of posts on the website and respond to member comments
- Distribute a bi-monthly newsletter and ad hoc messages to the membership/event registrants
- Manage PTSA social media platforms
Conference Planning Committee
Responsible for planning the annual Alberta Pharmacy Technician Conference
- Hold an in-person conference in Calgary in September 2022
Responsible for planning activities and coordinating with the Communications Committee to promote Pharmacy Technicians and PTSA.
- Hold activities and promote Pharmacy Technicians Day (RxTechDay) 2022
- Hold activities and promote Pharmacy Awareness Month (PAM) 2023
Responsible for accepting nominations and selecting winners for the Society’s annual awards. Collaborates with other stakeholders (e.g. ACP) to announce other pharmacy technician awards winners.
- Facilitate the 2023 professionalism award
- Investigate award expansion
Focuses on helping pharmacy technicians practice to full scope in their current roles and working on strategic initiatives that will expand the pharmacy technician’s scope of practice. Responsible for staying abreast of changes in the practice environment to identify new advocacy opportunities.
- Develop tools and coordinate campaigns that enable practice integration
- Respond to advocacy opportunities within the current environment (HPA changes, compounding, consultations)
- Continue to write a white paper/proposal to have pharmacy technicians granted authorization to inject
Responsible for planning, including author recruitment and CCCEP accreditation, for PTSA education events and promoting external education events.
- Offer more continuing education opportunities throughout the year using a variety of modalities (in-person, webinar, self-study CE)
Membership Engagement Committee
Responsible for initiatives that will result in membership growth and retention.
- Welcome new pharmacy technicians to the profession
- Provide presentations to pharmacy technician students
How to Volunteer
Committees are comprised of at least two and not more than ten PTSA members (depending upon the committee). Committee members must maintain active membership status during the time they hold a committee position.
Complete the Committee Volunteer Form to express your interest in becoming a committee volunteer.