PTSA Professionalism Award
Do you know a fellow PTSA member that exemplifies professionalism?
The Professionalism Award recognizes a commitment to professionalism through excellence in pharmacy practice. Nominations are now open and will close August 20, 2019. The award will be presented at the 29th Annual Alberta Pharmacy Technician Conference being held September 13-14, 2019 in Edmonton.
PTSA members are invited to nominate a pharmacy technician for the award. Self-nominations are also welcome. Candidates must be an active PTSA member. All nominations should include a completed nomination form and a letter of support. The letter of support should highlight how the member has demonstrated professionalism. A summary of accomplishments or resume may also be submitted. Current PTSA Board Members, are not eligible for nomination.
One winner will be selected to receive a $300 cash award and an engraved plaque which will be presented at the Annual Alberta Pharmacy Technician Conference. Attendance at the conference is encouraged but not mandatory or compensated.
Each nomination will be evaluated based on the awards selection criteria. Incomplete nominations or nominations received after the deadline will not qualify for the award.
Professionalism can be displayed in any number of ways including, but not limited to:
- Contributing to enhancing the role of pharmacy technicians
- Inspiring peers to raise standards and advance pharmacy technician practice
- Participating in educational opportunities and professional development that promote pharmacy technical practice
- Demonstrates leadership and excellence in work performance
- Contributing to programs that positively impact patient care
- Passionate about the advancement of pharmacy technical practice
- Active involvement with professional organizations, initiatives and advocacy for the pharmacy technician profession
- Encouraging the development of pharmacy technicians new to the practice and students
Nominations must be submitted via email (no later than the submission deadline) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOMINATION DEADLINE: August 20, 2019
Click here to read about how Tana Yoon, last year’s winner, exemplifies professionalism.