Posted on: March 29th, 2021
South Country Co-op
We are currently looking for a Pharmacy Technician for a busy, progressive practice in Medicine Hat, Alberta.
The successful applicant will work in collaboration with both pharmacists and pharmacy assistants to provide the best possible care and service for each patient.
They will be motivated, have great organizational skills, and be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
You would be working in a fast pace environment with a fun, friendly, professional team.
• Must have and maintain an Alberta Pharmacy Technician license
• Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work with a large team in a busy environment
• A commitment to providing exceptional patient/customer care
• Strong verbal and communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Professional judgement in knowing when pharmaceutical expertise of a pharmacist is required
• Availability on weekdays, evenings and weekends
Essential functions and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and process prescriptions
• Transfer/receive prescriptions from other pharmacies
• Receive verbal prescriptions from prescribers
• Preform final check on filled prescriptions prior to release
• Provide education on health aids and devices
• Inventory management, ordering, rotating and monitoring of stock
• Follow policies procedures and regulations of South Country Co-op and of the Alberta College of Pharmacy
• General Compounding
Salary to be negotiated depending on experience.