Posted on: March 31st, 2022
Rexall 7220 – 11811 Jasper Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5K 0N8
Rexall 7516 – 118 – 10 Street, Wainwright, AB T9W 1P8
It starts with you. That’s a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single Rexall employee contributes to our mission — whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps people in your community and beyond. And by choosing to belong at Rexall, you’ll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance the profession of pharmacy.
At Rexall, Canada’s leader in Pharmacy Healthcare, the Registered Pharmacy Technician (R.Ph.T.) reports to the Pharmacy Manager and is responsible for the technical functions of filling prescriptions and assisting with the related administration under the direct supervision of the pharmacist providing exceptional customer service.
• Supporting the pharmacists with the execution of Rexall patient-focused services such as MedsChecks™ (If applicable), pharmaceutical opinions, immunizations,
smoking cessation, etc.
• Abide by approved prescriptions, duties and responsibilities per relevant College of Pharmacists
• Data entry and billing of prescriptions through Nexxsys, ensuring all required documentation is adequate and appropriate including (but not limited to) dosage and
dosing intervals, third party billing restrictions, copayment management, coordination of benefits
• Prescription preparation including regular prescriptions, compliance packaging, and simple compounding
• Monitoring of site refrigeration temperatures and reporting any variances directly to the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist on-duty
• Effectively communicate with both external and internal contacts, in addition to developing and maintaining professional relationships with local health care
professionals, suppliers, allied health businesses, and private insurance payers
• Other duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist on-duty
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Provincial Pharmacy Technician Registration (If applicable)
• Experience in the industry, including third party billing issues
• Self-starting and independent, as well as strong motivation to succeed
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Computer proficiency (Nexxsys, Access Point)
• Seamlessly integrates into a highly interdependent team environment
• Discretion in handling confidential matters
• Willingness to work weeknights and weekends
Ultimately, if you have the right attitude, we can team you up with our colleagues who have the same passion and teach you the rest!
We appreciate your enthusiasm in wanting to be a part of a community of difference makers. Due to the overwhelming response to our job postings, we will only be able to contact applicants selected for interviews. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this uncertain time. Please continue to check out our careers site at www.rexall.ca/careers to keep updated with our current roles. You can also experience Life at Rexall on Instagram and Facebook under @LifeAtRexall.
It’s a condition of employment that you be fully vaccinated within 14 days of your start date, and should you receive an offer you will have to attest to this in writing. In addition, you may be required to upload proof of vaccination or have a valid medical or other Human Rights Code-related exemption.
Resumes can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org