Pharmacy Technician – Fort McMurray, AB
Posted on: April 26th, 2021
Attention Pharmacy Technicians!
Do you want to work in the Fort McMurray, Alberta area? Are you having a hard time finding gainful employment in the city? Depending on your level of experience, you could earn up to $25 per hour, which is something you’ll want to act on fast considering the highly competitive job market.
We are seeking someone special to join our client’s Pharmacy team in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
Our client is a fast-paced pharmacy who’s number one priority is “Patient Care”. As a multi-disciplinary comprehensive family clinic located in the heart of downtown Fort McMurray, they are actively searching for permanent full-time Pharmacy Technicians to join their expanding practice.
SUMMARY OF THIS OPPORTUNITY:
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the staff Pharmacist to ensure the health and safety of patients. They will accurately locate, dispense, pack, and label prescribed medication for patients.
What You’ll do:
- Conduct product verification on all prescriptions prepared to ensure accuracy and completeness of all prescription orders prior to delivery
- Verify prescriptions using pharmacy systems
- Assist with prescription fulfillment, as required
- Prepare and package medications
- Ensure the number of pills in each package is correct, and correctly labelled
- Prepare prescriptions for delivery, when required
- Support inventory management and ensure proper stock levels
- Ensure proper storage, handling, disposal of drugs and return to stock procedure
- Receiving orders in a timely and accurate matter
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 1 year of continuous work experience as a Registered Pharmacy Technician in a pharmacy environment (Long Term Care, Hospital and/or Retail)
- Experience with high volume filling environments an asset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail, team player and leadership skills
- Must be able to complete work with minimum supervision
- Proficient computer/data/entry skills
Full time hours: 35 to 40 per week
Job Type: Full time
Salary: $45,000-$48,000.00 per year, depending on experience
How to apply?
Please submit your resume and cover letter attention: Fara Yazdani to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As front-line health care workers, we are committed to our staff’s utmost safety as it pertains to Covid-19
- Remote interview process
To apply, please contact:
Fara YazdaniEmail: email@example.com