Northern Health – British Columbia
Posted on: July 22nd, 2021
Northern Health is accepting applications for a full time Pharmacy Technician for Fort St. John and casual positions in Fort St. John, Dawson Creek and Prince George.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations in northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy – Respect – Collaboration – Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
The Pharmacy Technician operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope of practice and standards of practice for Pharmacy Technicians as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
- Processes clinically reviewed and approved medication orders for distribution to a patient, client, or resident.
- Receives prescriptions (verbal and non verbal) from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic by performing duties such as verifying allergy status and/or demographics.
- Prepares and processes prescriptions by performing duties such as entering orders, counting, measuring, packaging or re-packaging medications and compounding various sterile pharmaceutical products according to established procedures. Pre-packages oral, liquid and topical medications into unit-of-use format.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries, and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
- Grade 12 and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
For more information on these opportunities, please contact email@example.com
To apply, please contact:
Brenda LemalEmail: Brenda.Lemal@northernhealth.ca