Mint Health+Drugs – Alberta
Posted on: October 3rd, 2023
Who are we?
At Mint Health+Drugs, we’re more than just a run-of-the-mill drugstore. We offer a deeper level of care, brought to you by independent pharmacy owners who are a part of the local community.
Simply put, our mission is to Help People Feel Better! The Mint Core Values represent our guiding principles:
- Motive – We strive to be the best versions of ourselves every day.
- Innovate – We are always looking for new ideas and continuous improvement.
- Nurture – We care for those around us, including friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers.
- Teach – We are committed to improving ourselves and those around us through lifelong teaching, sharing, and learning.
If you resonate with our Core Values, we encourage you to submit your application today!
Purpose of the position:
As a Pharmacy Technician at Mint Health+Drugs, you will be pivotal in providing technical and operational support to our Pharmacists. Your responsibilities will encompass the meticulous preparation, verification, and distribution of pharmaceuticals, contributing directly to Mint’s mission of enhancing community health.
What would you be doing?
- Collaborate with Pharmacists in filling prescriptions, measuring and compounding medications, and retrieving patient medical histories.
- Ensure accurate inventory management, taking charge of product orders as necessary.
- Respond promptly and professionally to patient inquiries over the phone and in person.
- Administer precise data entry, price checks, and patient information updates.
- Create compound solutions and formulations under pharmacist guidance.
- Monitor medication expiration and collaborate with pharmacists on information sharing.
- Liaise with healthcare providers to validate prescription details and facilitate correct claim submissions.
- Handle sales transactions and maintain optimal stock levels through proactive replenishment.
- Uphold pharmacy area and equipment cleanliness and safety standards.
What do you need to qualify?
Education and Experience
- Proficiency in using the Kroll system and other pharmacy operating systems.
- Registered as a pharmacy technician is mandatory.
- Extensive experience with vulnerable populations.
- Completion of a recognized pharmacy technician program.
- Three years of proven experience in pharmacy technician roles.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledgeable in pharmacy law and medical terminology.
- Outstanding phone etiquette and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workflow, and meet deadlines.
Here is just a taste of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Vacation + Paid Time Off (PTO) days
- Life and AD&D insurance
To apply, please contact:
Amina WatsonEmail: email@example.com