Posted on: April 27th, 2023
Interior Health is hiring a Permanent Full- Time Coordinator, Central Functions to join the Pharmacy Services team. The position is flexible and you can work anywhere within the Interior Health region!
About this Role
The Coordinator, Central Functions develops, implements, and evaluates provincial, regional, and site wide initiatives to improve/maintain pharmacy department services and operations. The Coordinator liaises with pharmacy leadership to provide a standard approach to Staffing, Workplace Health and Safety Initiatives, Violence Risk Assessments, Workplace Inspections, and Fit Testing among other region-wide initiatives. The Coordinator is responsible for retrieval, analysis, and presentation of strategic utilization information that is required to support operational and administrative decision-making. The Coordinator is also responsible for providing support for operations, management, utilization, risk management, quality improvement, and patient safety within the assigned portfolio. The Coordinator is accountable for efficient, effective utilization of approved physical, financial, and human resources; for guiding and coordinating activities of the assigned areas in accordance with professional standards; and supporting the goals and strategic direction of Interior Health (IH).
Education, Training and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Social Sciences, or a health related discipline.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience, including a minimum two years of management or leadership experience. LEAN certification is an asset.
• OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals and groups while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness
• Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of Interior Health
• Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs
• Excellent negotiation skills to relate effectively with members of the interdisciplinary team
• Ability to define own continuing education needs and maintain competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars, and available educational offerings
• Demonstrated ability to identify strategies and opportunities in a dynamic environment that lead to identified outcomes using evidence-based practice
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal forms
• Demonstrated program and project management skills and proficiency with a variety of pertinent computer software
• Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, organize, and evaluate using critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to collate/analyze data and proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and graphing
Salary range for the position is approximately from $61,718 to $88,720 and starting salary will be based on education, training and experience
Some Benefits of Joining Interior Health
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the right candidate. We offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we also offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces. Apply today!
Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).
For more information about this role please visit: Job Posting | IH Careers (interiorhealth.ca)