Care Rx -Pharmacist Position, AB
Posted on: October 18th, 2021
The Pharmacist plays an essential role in the quality and safety of our patients’ medications. With professional knowledge, experience and a compassionate nature, the Pharmacist will bring a specialized approach to our team and clients that brings an incomparable value.
CareRx is Canada’s leading provider of pharmacy services to seniors communities. We serve over 92,000 residents in over 1,500 seniors and other congregate care communities (long-term care homes, retirement homes, assisted living facilities, and group homes). We are a national organization with a large network of pharmacy fulfillment centres strategically located across the country. This allows us to deliver medications in a timely and cost-effective manner and quickly respond to routine changes in medication management. We use best-in-class technology that automates the preparation and verification of multi-dose compliance packaging of medication, providing the highest levels of safety and adherence for individuals with complex medication regimes. We take an active role in working with our home operator partners to promote resident health, staff education, and medication system quality and efficiency.
Whether you do your best work in a dispensary, in a clinical setting, in an office, or on the road, we have an opportunity for you.
Your Day to Day:
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with local laws and regulations
- Maintain a high level of customer service and patient care
- Work closely with the dispensary team and the clinical on-site Pharmacists to advise nursing staff and customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health-care supplies
- Provide information and advice regarding administration, usage, drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage
- Maintain customer medication profiles and records, including but not limited to pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, etc.
- Receive verbal prescription orders and accurately reduce same to writing in adherence with local laws and regulations
- Evaluate appropriateness of prescription orders with consideration for patient safety and legal requirements
- Complete medical reviews
- Review and provide analysis of medical information for trends and updates
- Capture necessary information in software for patients’ files and update administration team
- Work collaboratively and support efforts of team members
What You Will Bring to The Team:
- Currently Licensed in good standing (RPh) in the Province of Alberta
- Experience with KROLL Pharmacy software
- Strong computer skills (40 – 60 wpm keying)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact and build relationships with patients, co-workers and other health professionals
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excel in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail with a quality assurance (QA is critical) focus
- Demonstrates consistent exceptional patient care and customer service
- Organized approach to workflow
- Positive outgoing attitude and ability to work in a team environment
Qualities for Success:
- Ability to manage changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Experience in a LTC/Specialty Pharmacy setting is a great asset
CareRx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must successfully pass satisfactory background screening (depending on the role – Criminal Record Check, Credit Check, Driver’s Abstract, Education Verification, Current Professional Registration) and referencing. Background screening will be completed after an offer of employment has been extended and accepted.
To apply, please contact: