Have you thought that maybe you would like to become involved with PTSA but don’t know how?
Have you thought about our Techs in Touch committee (TTCE)? This committee is a great way to test out the waters and see what PTSA is all about. Our TTCE committee has been around a long time and we are always looking for fresh faces and ideas.
We all know that professional development is a requirement for Pharmacy Technicians and sometimes it is difficult to find technician appropriate resources. This committee works to create learning opportunities for technicians around the province and they have been so successful that from time to time nursing students attend as well!
Learn more about our committee:
Techs in Touch CE (TTCE) Event Planning Committee
In-person continuing education events are held in Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Lethbridge and Red Deer 1-2 times per year depending on whether there are committee members in a particular city.
TTCE event committee members will:
- Identify topics and speakers
- Source a venue for the event and confirm dates
- Coordinate the availability of technology required for the event
- Oversee registration corresponding with participants as needed
- Work with the speaker to align the program with CCCEP accreditation standards
- Collect/prepare all materials required to submit the program for CCCEP accreditation, as required
- Submit notice of the event to the Communications Committee for promotion
- Report to the Education Director on work completed
Several committee members are needed in each city.
If you are interested, fill out a volunteer form here: Board Committee Volunteer Form