PTSA Professionalism Award
Do you know a fellow PTSA member that exemplifies professionalism? The purpose of the PTSA Professionalism Award is to recognize pharmacy technicians for their commitment to professionalism through commitment to pharmacy practice.
PTSA members are invited to nominate a technician for the award. Self-nominations are welcome. Candidates must be active PTSA members. All nominations must include a completed nomination form and a letter of support. The letter of support should highlight how the member has demonstrated professionalism. A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume may also be submitted. Current PTSA Board Members, Contracted Employees or Committee Leads are NOT eligible for nomination. One winner will be selected to receive a $300 cash award and an engraved plaque which will be presented at the Annual Alberta Pharmacy Technician Conference September 17, 2016. Attendance at the conference is encouraged but not mandatory or compensated. Each nomination will be evaluated based on the awards selection criteria. Incomplete nominations or nominations received after the deadline will not qualify for the award.
Professionalism can be displayed in any number of ways including, but not limited to:
Promoting the Profession
- Contributing to enhancing the role of pharmacy technicians
- Encouraging peers to embrace professionalism
- Participating in activities that promote pharmacy technical practice
Impacting Pharmacy Practice
- Exemplifying high standards of work performance
- Contributing to programs that positively impact the delivery of pharmacy services
- Exceeding goals and exhibiting initiative
- Being involved in new roles that advance or enhance pharmacy technical practice
Taking Pride in the Profession
- Being actively involved with professional organizations, initiatives or other activities
- Facing professional challenges head on
- Acting as a role model for other pharmacy technicians and assistants
Congratulations to this year’s winner Lisa Hynes!
Click here to read more about how Lisa exemplifies professionalism.